Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac

When you've lost all your memoirs of the past 4 years, you learn to start over and become a new you.
Memories of a Teenage Amnesiac

Rescue

Pride of Orange. Super Rangers are the ones that are called when things have went from bad to worse. When there are no other options. They are the elite of the rescue crews. Risking their lives in order to save yours.
Rescue

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

Learning to love yourself is probably the hardest lesson to learn. Sometimes it takes encouragement from unlikely sources to teach you that lesson.
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

Liar Game

A game built on deception. A con-artist with a kind heart and a innocent girl who trusts you even when you've betrayed her, make for an unstoppable team.
Liar Game

Death Note

If you had the power to kill just by picturing a person and writing their name down in a notebook, who would you target? Would it be considered a crime to kill off all the criminals in the world?
Death Note

Code Blue

An elite team of doctors that travel via helicopter to get to the scene of the accident even a second faster in order to have a better chance at saving lives.
Code Blue

Anime vs. Manga... Which is your addiction?

The big question. Which Japanese export is best?

Anime OR Manga

I asked a friend of mine which she preferred. She told me she likes manga best. She explains that manga "looks better visually because more work and detail is put into it. The story itself usually has more development." She goes on to say that "manga is cheaper to buy in stores and online. It is small and portable. You can take a manga with you and enjoy it anywhere you want whether it be in your bedroom or as far as a park... a boring car ride, etc. And you are reading as opposed to sitting on your butt watching the tube. It keeps your mind active and they are just really cool to collect."

She did me the favor of asking some of her friends which they would prefer.

Most of which picked manga claiming the story lines are better because it can go into more details with each character and that most manga aren't converted into anime versions.

I personally don't have much experience with manga. I've read a few over the years and I liked those for the most part. Where most anime will just stop without finishing the storyline, the manga will more than likely go all the way to the end. I've never heard of a manga that didn't finish it's story but I'm sure there are some out there.
Anime is a big addiction of mine. I have a huge chunk of memory on my computer devoted to anime. I am constantly having to clear off disk space to make room for new shows that have just been released in Japan or shows that have been around for years.

I would love to start reading manga and feed it until it turns into a full blown addiction. I already have a list of manga that has been recommended to me by the wonderful people that have given us their opinions of the topic at hand.

They are... in no particular order
Sailor Moon
Fruits Basket
Kitchen Princess
Bleach
Rosario+Vampire
Immortal Rain
Inu-Yasha
Ah! My Goddess
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijo (AKA His and Hers Circumstances)

(Manga converted to Anime)
Some animes to consider... in no particular order
Sailor Moon (It's a classic people... you must watch it.)
Bleach
Naruto
Ranma 1/2
Fruits Basket
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijo (AKA His and Hers Circumstances)

My first pick to start a manga collection would be the Kareshi Kanojo no Jijo. I've watched the anime and it wasn't finished. I would love to see how it ends. My second pick would be Fruits Basket, also a unfinished anime. They drag out some stories and plots but then leave others high and dry. That would probably be my only problem with anime vs. manga.

If you have any favorites you'd like to share, please, feel free to share. I'd like to expand my horizons.

1 comments:

Metalheadz3 said...

I'd choose Manga over Anime anyday. Though some anime was handled very well such as the D. Gray Man anime and possibly the Naruto anime. Naruto is kinda overrated, though.

Post a Comment