Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac

When you've lost all your memoirs of the past 4 years, you learn to start over and become a new you.
Memories of a Teenage Amnesiac

Rescue

Pride of Orange. Super Rangers are the ones that are called when things have went from bad to worse. When there are no other options. They are the elite of the rescue crews. Risking their lives in order to save yours.
Rescue

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

Learning to love yourself is probably the hardest lesson to learn. Sometimes it takes encouragement from unlikely sources to teach you that lesson.
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

Liar Game

A game built on deception. A con-artist with a kind heart and a innocent girl who trusts you even when you've betrayed her, make for an unstoppable team.
Liar Game

Death Note

If you had the power to kill just by picturing a person and writing their name down in a notebook, who would you target? Would it be considered a crime to kill off all the criminals in the world?
Death Note

Code Blue

An elite team of doctors that travel via helicopter to get to the scene of the accident even a second faster in order to have a better chance at saving lives.
Code Blue

Taiyou no Uta

Photobucket

Taiyou no Uta starring Sawajiri Erika and Yamada Takayuki. Co-starring Matsushita Nao, Tanaka Kei, Sato Megumi, Hamada Gaku, Kawamura Yosuke, Kaname Jun.

Amane Kaoru is a street musician. Her greatest dream is to become a famous singer/song writer and to meet the person that inspired her to pick up the guitar in the first place.

Fujishiro Kouji is a seaside inn employee who's lost all hope for any kind of future. He doesn't believe in himself anymore and doesn't really care what happens to him in his life.

Photobucket

Kaoru suffers from a disease called Xeroderma Pigmentosum (XP) and cannot be exposed to UV rays/sunlight. Fewer than 40% of individuals with XP live past the age of 20.

Kaoru wants to full fill her dream of becoming a singer. Every night, as soon as the sun goes down, Kaoru goes down to the local train station to perform her songs. She does whatever she can do to get her songs out there even when she is turned down by the talent agents.

A lot of people who are faced with life threatening situations or illnesses tend to give up without even trying. Making excuses that "they're going to die any way so why even bother trying?" In a way, they've already let themselves die.

"If life is without dreams... What point is there to that life?"

"If life is without love... What happiness is there to speak of?"

I, for one, would like to at least try to achieve something before my life ended instead of watching life pass me by. Whether what I achieve is big or small, I want to be able to look back and say, "it may not have been huge or amazing, but I did it and I'm proud of myself."

Photobucket

Here's a fan made video for Taiyou no Uta. The song is performed by Sawajiri Erika (under the alias of Amane Kaoru) and the song title Taiyou no Uta (the same as the drama). Enjoy.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Power rangers scene was so funny! XD It seems like I need to get another box of tissue for this one too! ^^

DB

Vikki said...

Yes, this is another JDrama you'll need to keep a box of tissues handy. It's not as sad as 1 Litre of Tears but it's up there. And Sawajiri Erika is amazing with her performance. It's kinda sad she hasn't done anything since the 1 Litre of Tears SP... I think she's done some singing work but not acting. I wish she would get back into acting again. I would like to watch more of her work.

The Power Ranger's scene is priceless. I can't wait for you to see it with the sound/subtitles on so you know what's going on.

Anonymous said...

Oh! I did not realize that she was the same person in 1 litre of tears! It is probably because I haven't seen either of the dramas yet.
As the Tragic J-Drama expert, I trust your judgment when you like her acting! ^^ There are some movies she was on, though I don't know if they are available online. "sugar and spice" is available on www.mysoju.com, but she isn't the lead role.

DB

Vikki said...

Sawajiri Erika did a quite a few movies and dramas and then all of a sudden stopped. I don't know why. I guess she is concentrating on her music career at the moment. I would like for her to start acting again in the near future. I would definitely watch it. I guess in the mean time I'll just watch the other dramas and movies.

Post a Comment