Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac

When you've lost all your memoirs of the past 4 years, you learn to start over and become a new you.
Memories of a Teenage Amnesiac

Rescue

Pride of Orange. Super Rangers are the ones that are called when things have went from bad to worse. When there are no other options. They are the elite of the rescue crews. Risking their lives in order to save yours.
Rescue

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

Learning to love yourself is probably the hardest lesson to learn. Sometimes it takes encouragement from unlikely sources to teach you that lesson.
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

Liar Game

A game built on deception. A con-artist with a kind heart and a innocent girl who trusts you even when you've betrayed her, make for an unstoppable team.
Liar Game

Death Note

If you had the power to kill just by picturing a person and writing their name down in a notebook, who would you target? Would it be considered a crime to kill off all the criminals in the world?
Death Note

Code Blue

An elite team of doctors that travel via helicopter to get to the scene of the accident even a second faster in order to have a better chance at saving lives.
Code Blue

Koukou Debut - High School Debut


Koukou Debut

I heard about Koukou Debut by chance. I don't remember which site I was on but I caught a glimpse about this manga being turned into a live-action. I was curious so I searched around to learn more.

I learned about the storyline and got excited. I was never really a big manga reader but for some reason this story just caught my attention. Koukou Debut is a shojo romantic comedy manga created by Kawahara Kazune. It's a 13 volume manga which was just recently published in English.

I was hoping it was already adapted into an anime so I tried searching for it but with no luck. So, I broke down and looked around for the manga and finally found it. I was instantly addicted.

It's a very cute story about a tomboy girl who finally decides to stop being a tomboy when she gets to high school in order to fall in love.

Nagashima Haruna was the ace pitcher on her junior high softball team. She worked very hard to get there, training her body day and night in order to become the best. All she worried about was working hard and doing her best at softball until it came to the end of her junior high school life. After doing her best at sports, Haruna finally decides that it's time for herself to move on to love and doing her best to achieve love when she gets to high school. With her being such a tomboy though acting girlie and dressing up in feminine clothing makes her look awkward.

One day, while trying to get hit on by guys, Haruna has an encounter with Komiyama Yoh, who is the picture perfect textbook definition of "cool". It comes as a shock to Haruna when she finds that he is a 2nd year high school student at the school she ends up attending.

When Haruna discovers that Yoh is good with fashion girls in outfits that brings out their best features she immediately begs him to coach her on how to be popular. He automatically declines stating that girls are crybabies and he doesn't want to have to deal with a girl crying if he says something that will end up hurting her feelings.

Photobucket

You already know what happens next. It's a given, of course, but that still doesn't keep you from wanting see the story on how they get to that point. All the troubles and obstacles they will have to go through before finally making it to that point we all already know will happen but get on pins and needles waiting for it to get there.

If it weren't for the fact that I had to sleep and work, I would've stayed up until I fell asleep reading this manga. I fell in love with the characters, their personalities, their individual styles and the way they handle each situation. I love the way the artist drew each character.

This manga was a key that opened the door to a whole new world for me. I'm excited for the live-action to be filmed and released. I hope I wont have to wait too long. I also hope that one day they will do a anime version as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting story :) I am surprized that he is into fashion while I was reading the story :D The manga is on my to-read list now! Thank you!

DB

Vikki said...

It's a wonderful story. I wish they had an anime but I'm content knowing they will be making a live-action of the manga. I'm not sure if it will be movie form or drama form though. I hope drama, you can put more detail into the drama that you can't put into a movie. And it'll be several episodes so that will make the good feeling last. I'm so excited. I hope it happens soon.

Anonymous said...

I started reading and now I can't stop XD

Vikki said...

Isn't it great?! I think this one is my favorite. I've been reading manga like crazy now. But this Koukou Debut is my favorite bcz I found it on my own with no suggestions from friends or from seeing an anime and wanting to know how much more detail is in the manga.

I'm so happy you like it!

Post a Comment