Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac

When you've lost all your memoirs of the past 4 years, you learn to start over and become a new you.
Memories of a Teenage Amnesiac

Rescue

Pride of Orange. Super Rangers are the ones that are called when things have went from bad to worse. When there are no other options. They are the elite of the rescue crews. Risking their lives in order to save yours.
Rescue

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

Learning to love yourself is probably the hardest lesson to learn. Sometimes it takes encouragement from unlikely sources to teach you that lesson.
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

Liar Game

A game built on deception. A con-artist with a kind heart and a innocent girl who trusts you even when you've betrayed her, make for an unstoppable team.
Liar Game

Death Note

If you had the power to kill just by picturing a person and writing their name down in a notebook, who would you target? Would it be considered a crime to kill off all the criminals in the world?
Death Note

Code Blue

An elite team of doctors that travel via helicopter to get to the scene of the accident even a second faster in order to have a better chance at saving lives.
Code Blue

Yamada Taro Monogatari


Photobucket

Yamada Taro Monogatari starring Ninomiya Kazunari, Sakurai Sho and Tabe Mikako.


Photobucket

Yamada Taro is a poor student on scholarship to an Elite high school. Since Taro carries himself well, everyone assumes that he isn't poor but some rich "prince". Taro doesn't hide the fact that his family is poor but his fellow classmates don't seem to notice that he is and just keeps assuming he's extremely wealthy. The eldest of 7 children, Taro works park-time jobs after or before school to earn money for living expenses for himself and his whole family. Having a mother with a weak body and cannot work herself and a father that is traveling the world painting but not making much money from his art, Taro must do what he can to make sure his family is taken care of even if that means he has to give up things he needs or would like.

Photobucket

Mimura Takuya is from a rich background and seems to be a bit stuck up the first few minutes of the first episode. This doesn't last long. He seems to be intrigued with Taro and decides to follow him home one day. Sadly, nothing interesting happens. He ends up losing Taro but later finding his house and finding out that Taro isn't rich at all but in fact extremely poor. Thus begins the close friendship between the two.

Photobucket

Ikegami Takako is from a middle class family. Not poor but not anywhere close to being rich. She often has fantasies about Taro and Mimura being princes. Her one dream in life is to marry a rich man. Thinking that Taro is the rich man of her dreams she falls for him.

I enjoyed this drama. It has a lot of heartfelt moments. You see this young man who is willing to do anything and everything for his family without asking for anything in return. All he wants is to make sure they are happy no matter what even if it means his unhappiness.

Here is a fan made video of Yamada Taro Monogatari. The song is called Happiness by Arashi. Arashi is the JPop group that Ninomiya-kun and Sho-kun are a part of.
Enjoy. ^_^


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vikki! This is my favorite drama!! I watched this a dozen times and enjoyed everytime! Cried and laughed a lot :)) The story is sometimes gets so stupid that I laugh at myself for watching it too seriously :))

I think Ikegami is really CUTE and Mimura is really COOL. I love the first episode a lot, when Mimura is trying to figure out Yamada's secret. Also I like the episode when they go to temple together.

I tried reading its manga but it is not as fun as the drama. Manga starts at the time when they are already friends.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/yamada_tarou_monogatari/

DB

Vikki said...

Darker Blue!! :)

This drama is up there on my favorites list. I enjoyed watching it also. I'm excited to watch it again but I've already jumped into two others. One I've finished and will blog about today (or at least that's what I'm hoping). The other I have a few more episodes on it. Both are sad dramas. My bf is always picking on me because I tend to find the sad dramas without even trying. One is very obviously sad the other you know it's not going to be happy all the time but don't realize how sad it'll get until you start watching it. But I enjoy the sad ones as well as I enjoy the happy ones.

I will look up the Yamada Taro manga when I get a chance.

Are there any other dramas you enjoy that I might like as well? I enjoy hearing from you. ^__^

Anonymous said...

Check this post in my blog. I have listed all of my favorite dramas with links to their descriptions in wikipedia.

http://darkerbluex.blogspot.com/2007/12/my-list-of-best-japanese-animes-and.html

Here is the List:

School Life
- My Boss, My Hero (school, comedy)
- Yamada Taro Monogatari (school, comedy)
- Gokusen (school, comedy)
- Great Teacher Onizuka (school, human drama)
- Hanazakari no Kimitachi e -JP-(school, romance, comedy)
- Hana Kimi -TW-(school, romance, comedy)
- Nobuta wo Produce (school)
- Dragon Zakura (school, drama)
-Yukan Club (school, comedy)

Romance
- Nodame Cantabile (romantic comedy)
- Kimi wa Petto (romance)
- Summer Snow (romance, human drama)
-Proposal Daisakusen (romance)
- Mars (tw) (romance, suspense, action)
-Hana Yori Dango (romance)
-Marmalade Boy (tw) (romance, comedy)
- Nana (drama, romance, music)

Sports
- Pride (sports, human drama)
- Hot Shot (tw) (sports, romance, comedy)
-Ace Wo Nerae (sports, human drama)
- Aijou Ippon (sports, human drama)
-Water boys (sports, romance, comedy)

Psychological/ Drama
- Kurosagi (action, crime investigation, romance)
- Liar Game (Psychological Thriller)
-Psychometrer Eiji (mystery, science fiction)

Human Drama
- Bambino! (human drama)
- Antique Bakery (comedy, human drama)

Post a Comment